MARIA DEL PILAR ARIAS – ARGENTINA
• María del Pilar Arias Lopez , MD, was graduated of the School of Medicine of University of Buenos Aires ( UBA ). She trained in Pediatrics and in Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine in the Children ‘s Hospital Dr Ricardo Gutierrez ( Buenos Aires, Argentina ) . Since 1994 she practices in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of that Institution and currently she is medical staff of the postoperative intermediate care unit.
• Her areas of expertise are mortality scores in pediatric intensive care, quality and patient safety, patients with complex chronic conditions at PICU.
• Since December 2018 , she is the Chair of the Management, Quality and Scores Committee of the Argentine Society of Intensive Care Medicine ( SATI ).
• As a part of her activities in SATI since 2015, she is in charge of the Steering committee of the SATI-Q Pediatric Quality Benchmarking Program.
• In 2014, 2015 and 2017 she lead the research of the SATI- Q pediatric group than won the Awards to the Best Clinical Research Study at the Argentine Society of Intensive Care Medicine Congress.
• Since 2017, she is the President of the Latin American Society for Pediatric Intensive Care.